Friday, May 7, 2010

Are We a Good Mash?

Dear Addie,
I like mash ups. And I find myself flirting with them. But as much as I'd like to hook up with them and have them become part of my family of tools for my online learning projects, I just haven't seen a future using mash ups. What do you think?
Signed,
On the fence

Dear On,
It is hard to say, since I don't know very much about you and your work. However, I have recently discovered Mashpedia and have to say that the next chance I get I am going to  introduce it in a course I am working on. I can see it as way to help learners gain background knowledge, as well as the current buzz on a topic all on one page. You have to just test it out by entering a term to see what I mean, but you get  text (such as a definition), images, video,articles, Diggs, Tweets, blogs and more --- all on one page.

So why don't you give mash ups another chance and perhaps otherr will add their ideas on how you and mash ups become a good match.
Sincerely,
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment