Monday, June 21, 2010

He never emails anymore!

Hi Addie,
I am an instructor of an online course that requires quite a bit of emailing. My problem is that some of my students don't use email very often and I find it hard to contact then and keep in touch. Do you have any ideas on what I can do?

Ms. Left In the Lurch

Dear Ms. Lurch,
 I have found the same thing in a course I teach. Have you tried texting these students? You could pass on any important information or ask them to check their email for an important attachment. I know if can be a pain if you are not used to texting, so try text from a gmail account. Has worked like a charm for me. See go to Settings and click on the Lab Tab to enable this feature. You also might find some other pretty cool stuff there. Good luck!

Addie 

No comments:

Post a Comment